I’ve had my van for a good few years now and I though people would like to see some of the changes I’ve made during that time. There was quite a bit of welding work required and I was lucky enough to live near some very talented welders. Also with the help of a friend of mine we resprayed the van into it’s current colour scheme of red and white.
Basically each of the four wheel arches were in the same state and over the course of two years I had them all replaced with good quality new panels.
The inside was truly dire when I first got the van but we still went camping in it. In all I think I’ve built four completely different interiors over the years, each one easier to live with than the previous version. I’ll let the photo’s do the talking now as I show you the van as it was and how it is now.
All the carpet was held on by a selection of glue, double sided sticky tape, nails, chewing gum and 6″ screws.
Most of the inside was this grubby but new headlining and a lot of scrubbing brought it up beautifully.
Another part of the design which I’m very pleased with is the larder or tin drawer which uses the wasted space between the sink , fridge and drivers seat. No before and after pictures with this so I’ve put a ‘nearly made’ and ‘finished’ picture up instead.
I expect I’ll keep fiddling about with it but this interior seems to work well and I’ve also made a reversible, removable table which I’ll show in the next post